Federal Skilled Worker

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
Eligibility Criteria for the Federal Skilled Trades Class:
To be eligible, you must:
Language ability
• meet the required language levels for each language ability (Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing)
There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, there are 2 ways you can do this.
• if you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian
o secondary (high school) or
o post-secondary school
• If you have foreign education, you can get points for
o a completed foreign credential and
o an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
 secondary (high school) or
 post-secondary school
Skilled work experience
• have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply
• meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification
• have a
o valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or
o certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority

• be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
*A certificate of qualification proves that a foreign national is qualified to work in a skilled trade occupation in Canada. With a certificate of qualification, applicants prove they have passed a certification exam or met all the requirements to practice their trade in a specific province or territory.
Skilled work experience
Skilled work experience eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Class falls under the following categories of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
• Major Group 72: industrial, electrical and construction trades,
• Major Group 73: maintenance and equipment operation trades,
• Major Group 82: supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
• Major Group 92: processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
• Minor Group 632: chefs and cooks, and
• Minor Group 633: butchers and bakers.
Proof of funds
You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada.
Note: You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!